phone number for irs customer service | irs customer service phone number
Contact the IRS
If you received an IRS tax bill or notice in the mail, call the phone number listed on your notice. You can also call the tax help line for individuals (1-800-829-1040) or businesses (1-800-829-4933) to speak with an IRS representative.
General Tax Inquiries
Here is a list of IRS hotlines if you are looking for telephone assistance:
• Tax Help Line for Individuals: 800-829-1040
• Tax Help Line for Businesses: 800-829-4933
• Order Tax Forms and Publications: 800-829-3676
• Information Return Reporting: 866-455-7438
• Employer Identification Numbers (EINs): 800-829-4933
• Help Line for Tax Exempt and Government Entities (TEGE): 877-829-5500
• Help Line for Forms 706 and 709: 866-699-4083
• Help Line for Excise Tax and Form 2290: 866-699-4096
• Help Line for FBAR and Title 31: 866-270-0733
• Special Hotline for U.S. Military (Disaster or Combat Zone): 866-562-5227
• Telephone Assistance for Overseas Taxpayers: 267-941-1000 (not toll-free)
• Telephone Assistance for the Deaf (TDD): 800-829-4059
How do I send a email to the IRS?
Individual taxpayers who need to contact the IRS for general questions have a few options:
Tax Assistance: 1-800-829-1040.
Tax Assistance for the Hearing Impaired: 1-800-829-4059.
Email: [email protected]